ParentVUE and StudentVUE are internet-based applications that provide access to education records for parent/guardian and students of Chesterfield County Public Schools through a secured Internet site. All parents/guardians and students who wish to use ParentVUE or StudentVUE must comply with the terms and conditions in this Agreement.
A. Rights and Responsibilities
Access to ParentVUE/StudentVUE is a free service offered to all current students and parents/guardians of Chesterfield County Public Schools students. Access to student information through ParentVUE/StudentVUE is a privilege, not a right. A parent/guardian will be authorized to activate a ParentVUE account only after the student is enrolled in Chesterfield County Public Schools. Once a student withdraws or graduates, ParentVUE access to that student's education records will be inactivated. Parents/guardians and their student(s) must practice proper and ethical use of ParentVUE.
Parents/guardians and students will need a device with Internet service to use ParentVUE or StudentVUE. While these applications are designed to be user friendly, Chesterfield County Public Schools cannot promise optimal access for all users and due to limited resources, cannot offer personal troubleshooting if there are difficulties connecting to or using ParentVUE or StudentVUE.
B. Responsibility for Information Accuracy
Information accuracy is the joint responsibility between District Chesterfield County Public Schools and parents/guardians. While Chesterfield County Public Schools makes every attempt to ensure information is accurate and complete, parents/guardians should periodically check their student's personal and contact information to confirm that all information is accurate. Questions about attendance may be addressed to the school office, and questions about grades should be addressed to the student's teacher.
C. Use of the ParentVUE
Parents/guardians and students are required to adhere to the following guidelines:
Parents/guardians and students must:
• act in a responsible, ethical, and legal manner while using ParentVUE or StudentVUE.
• not share their password with anyone.
• not attempt to access information for any account assigned to another user.
• not attempt to alter or destroy data or bypass network security measures of Chesterfield County Public Schools.
• not set their computer to automatically login to the ParentVUE or StudentVUE site.
• not use this Internet site for any illegal activity, including violation of federal and state data privacy laws.
• Parents/guardians or students who identify a security problem within ParentVUE or StudentVUE should notify their school immediately, without demonstrating the problem to anyone else.
• Parents who have joint legal custody of their student but live apart may each activate a separate ParentVUE account. Unless there is a court order to the contrary, a non-custodial parent may activate a separate ParentVUE account. Limitations may be placed, however, on a non-custodial parent's electronic access to or ability to update contact information and emergency contacts of either the custodial parent, the student, or both based upon the terms of any court order on file.
D. Limitation of School District Liability
Chesterfield County Public Schools will use reasonable measures to protect student information from unauthorized viewing. Chesterfield County Public Schools is not responsible for claims arising through unauthorized use of ParentVUE or StudentVUE, the District's computer system, or the Internet. Chesterfield County Public Schools will not be responsible for actions taken by the parent/guardian that compromise their student's information. Chesterfield County Public Schools reserves the right to limit or terminate ParentVUE or StudentVUE for viewing student information without notice. All ParentVUE and StudentVUE account activity is electronically recorded.
Last Updated 04/25/2014